2.25.2009

Sitting for a week eight midterm. Wait... what?


There are ten weeks in a term. MIDterms should come during week five, not week eight. Something is severely wrong with this class...

But I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I guess. It's over Asian politics; more specifically its covering China's development, rural politics in SE Asia, Islam in Indonesia and other roles of religion in the area. I used to live with Indonesians, but I don't think knowing random phrases in Indo will help me too much here. My midterm is in a half hour, and I am so tired of studying.

I organize study groups for my classes. My history class has roughly two hundred people in it. Five showed up for the study group. International Organizations has about one hundred people. Five people showed up for theirs. Asian politics has about thirty or forty people in it. Sixteen show up. The second night- four. Someone has it in for me...

And that all took three whole minutes to type.

I'm trying to think of what is going on in my life that doesn't involve certain people. I don't want to write about anyone specific in here for fear they will read and be offended. Lord knows I can offend people very easily... but I like to be there to see their reaction. So there is no use in doing it here.

Someone around me smells like Abercrombie and I love it. I'm in the EMU and I'd go on facebook to pass the time but I gave it up for lent so I can't go on until Easter. I've been here for two and a half hours. I could also find the CRNs for registration tomorrow morning. I am taking Writing, some astronomy class, a Supreme Court class, golf, and a PPPM or a pre law class- I haven't decided yet. The first two are freshmen classes to finish my blocks and the others are graduate classes.

I'm adding PPPM as another major. I figure since I have to be in school to get my GPA back up from mono then I should just add more majors. Besides, it would be smarter for me to major in public policy because it has everything to do with what I want to do with my life: foster care policy.

I wonder, though, how far I can go after I finish with foster care policy. I don't think it will take my entire life to nationalize the policy, and maybe I'll work toward working for UNICEF (if I'm not bored already, that is). I know I bore easily and nearing the end of foster care policy, I'll want to be the president or something. Obviously I can't make plans right now but it's still kind of fun.

Okay, it's twenty minutes early but I'm going to go anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment